Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

The most important event

Sunday. The most important event that I have ever been involved with occurs on this Sunday. Now I have had many events in my life and yes, I know, I have three children. Yes, they were important events in my life. But to help raise money for a little 9 year old hockey play with an inoperable brain tumor,that is certainly an important event in my life! A different type of event. To be involved with this has literally changed my life. I have a vision. I want to help. I have always wanted to help, but now I can see a purpose and a way. This family has been devastated by this and I still cannot believe when I read the MOM's posts on caringbridge.org. She is so upbeat, what an inspiration!!

Here is the deal:

Sunday, March 7, 2010 3-5 pm at the NYS Fairgrounds Coliseum
Benefit to help offset financial burden the Sellers family is sure to face
Thomas Sellers is a 9 year old boy with an inoperable (cancerous) brain tumor
Skate a thon for the entire time - skaters can be sponsored
Silent Auction with (at the moment) over 65 items, including NHL, AHL and NFL autographed Jersey, pictures, pucks, etc. Jewelry, memberships, gift certificates, you name it, we have had it donated!
Basket Raffles - over 50 baskets right now - amazing baskets!! From Grills to cookies to wine, something for everyone!

Please come and join us and if you can't, consider a donation

Thomas Sellers Benefit

No comments:

Post a Comment